“Shop Local” is an important theme in Richmond/Wayne County so let’s build on that by supporting local festivals. We should all make an effort to showcase our area and local festivals are an excellent way to reach that end. This is a great time to generate foot traffic, especially with several new businesses opening in the depot recently.
Taste of Italy Agenda
- Flyers and Advertising update
- Staffing Friday night and Saturday
- Art Display- Who and How
- Money collection and distribution
- Kool-aid and Canvas
- Refreshments for artists
- Friday night extras (music, food etc)
- Giant Games
- Children’s area
- Vendors- flower cart (Leaning Lily first choice, Depot Shop), J & J Fairy Doors, Anderson Windows. Need jewelry, pottery (Jennifer if she is ready to go), art, etc. The National Rd. yard sale is the same weekend so vendors are going to be scare. We would like this to be more “artsy” than just regular festival vendors. Also, coffee/tea/desserts
- Children’s Art Show “Cool-Aid and Canvas”. Flyers have been emailed to art teachers around the county and shared on facebook. Art will be displayed at the former Joe’s Pizza on Friday night and Saturday day. Ed De LaPaz with the Chamber of Commerce volunteered to find celebrity judges for best in show. There will also be interactive art activities during the show. We will need volunteers to staff the art show Saturday. Many kids will be bringing home art as the school year ends, especially high school kids who have end of the year art shows so please spread the word and the attached flyer.
- Taste of Italy Updates
- Bands will start mid afternoon with the headliners, The Indigos, will come on stage 7:30 pm More bands may be added.
- Children’s area will include bounce houses, giant games, sidewalk chalk etc
- Model T Homecoming and Taste of Italy will provide signage promoting both events.
- Need help finding vendors as we are competing with the National Road Yard Sale.
- Rick Parker and Susan Yeager will be featured on K-96 with Phil Quinn June 1st at 8:00 am
911 North E Street